WEIGHT LIMIT: 90kg MAX
SPECIAL: Book for 8 riders & get one rider free
Trails are available on weekends and public holidays between 9am and 3pm
- Relaxing trail: R300pp (1 hour) OR R350pp (1.5 hours).
This trail is a slow relaxed walk/trot where our guide will take you through beautiful paths and possibly see some of the incredible birds in the nature reserve.
- Experienced trail: R400pp (2hrs)
On this ride you will find a few good places to enjoy a nice canter inside the nature reserve. Only book this trail if you want to canter. Also, If you like the idea of riding in unexplored territory and finding new adventures- this is a great ride- just make sure to ask for the adventure trail!
- The romantic trail: R500pp.
This is a truly special way to celebrate an anniversary, or pop the question! The trail is a private, relaxing one hour ride through beautiful routes in the nature reserve. At the end of the trail, you will be shown to a peaceful spot setup for you on blankets with wine, and a bunch of flowers. You can spend as long as you like here:)
- Picnic/ lunch trail :R600p adult and R500p child.
This trail is fantastic for a family or group of friends in a group! You will all do an hour trail ride in the nature reserve, ending off at a picnic lunch or a braai setup for you in a relaxing spot where you can stay as long as you like. This is for 8 people or less. The Picnics consist of a cold meat roll, pasta salad, green salad, fresh fruit skewers and a mini tart and the braai consists of a meat braaipack, a veggie braaipack and marshies on a stick. Both include a water/coldrink. You can book a braai spot to cook your own lunch at a cost of R100.
- Make-a-day-of-it trail: R900pp (10am-5pm)
This is for those who would like a full country experience. It starts at 10am with coffee/tea and biscuits. You will go out for an hour ride in the beautiful nature reserve, returning back for a picnic lunch or braai setup for you. You will be shown how to tack up your own horse and groom him before heading out for a more adventurous ride for two hours.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your ride booking time to get ready so that your ride leaves on time. If you are late the ride will be cut short.
- Children must be able to ride their own horse on trails – No children under 10 without an accompanied adult on trails. We do pony rides for a half hour for those that cant ride on their own.
- Our horses only walk / trot in all our rides except for the experienced trail.
- Prices for children are all the same as adults as our staff and horses do the same work as they do with the adults.
- You are welcome to sit and relax before or after your ride and order drinks from Silvers Saloon. Please note: no drinks are served after the 3pm ride as the saloon closes at 4pm.
WHAT TO BRING
- Suntan lotion, camera and carrots/apples to feed your horse.
- No booking is confirmed until deposit has been made!
- We only accept cash or snapscan for the balance of payment / anything from the Saloon.
- WHAT TO WEAR: Long pants and closed shoes (No heels)
- We supply hard hats which are compulsory to wear when riding with us.
When booking a trail with us, please make sure to give us the following information:
1. Your riding experience
2. Your average weight (max 90kg)
3. Date and Time you wish to ride
4. Number of riders (max 8)
Once you have booked PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE FOR YOUR RIDE. We can only wait 10 minutes for you to arrive. After 10 minutes, your booking will be cancelled and not refunded.
We do have a babysitter available for those that want to ride but cant because of kids 🙂