WEIGHT LIMIT: 90kg MAX
Trails are available every day, including public holidays between 9am and 4pm. (only weekend trails are inside the Nature Reserve)
THE TRAILS WE OFFER:
- Relaxing trail: R300pp (1 hour) OR R350pp (1.5 hours).
This trail is a slow relaxed walk/trot where our guide will take you through beautiful paths and possibly see some of the incredible birds in the nature reserve.
- Experienced trail: R400pp (2hrs)
On this ride you will find a few good places to enjoy a nice canter inside the nature reserve. Only book this trail if you want to canter.
Discounts for 6 or more riders!
- The romantic picnic trail: R1500 per couple.
This is a truly special way to celebrate an anniversary, or pop the question! The trail is a private, relaxing one hour ride through beautiful routes in the nature reserve. At the end of the trail, you will be shown to a peaceful spot setup for you with blankets and cushions, with wine /non-alcoholic and a bunch of flowers. The picnic includes mini chicken filled pitas, fresh fruit salad, pasta salad, mini pancakes and waters. (Picnic basket may vary according to availablity) You can spend as long as you like here 🙂
- Group or family trail: (6-8ppl) R250pp
This is a one hour trail with great discounted rates for the larger groups and families.
- Overnight Trail (R1250pp or R1500pp)
A two hour trail ride from 3pm returns you to the farm to find your tents set up for you(pls bring own bedding) a bonfire and a cold glass of wine. A dinner braai awaits you (bring & braai your own- R1250 or we can supply the braai packs and cook for you- R1500 )an early wake up the next morning for a 1.5 hour ride, returning to breakfast at the farm before saying goodbye.
Minimum number of guests is 2.
These trails are Fri & Sat nights, or over long weekends or public holidays only!
- Pony Rides: (kids under 6 only) R100pp (15 mins)
- Picnic basket only: R300per adult/ R200per child – The picnic basket can be ordered in addition to any of the trail rides. You may bring your own blankets and relax after your ride. The picnic basket includes mini chicken filled pitas, fruit cups, pasta salad, mini pancakes and waters. (Picnic basket may vary according to availablity)
IMPORTANT INFO- please read carefully.
- Please arrive 15 minutes BEFORE your ride booking time to get ready so that your ride leaves on time. If you are late the ride will be cut short. If you are late, we can only wait 10 minutes for you to arrive. After 10 minutes, your booking will be cancelled and not rescheduled nor deposit refunded.
- No children under 12 on trails without an accompanied adult. Children from 6 upwards are able to join trails. Children under 6 can only do pony rides.
- Our horses only walk / trot in all our rides except for the experienced trail where we do a few canters. We DO NOT gallop our horses or run the entire ride. Our horses health comes first! If you are pulling at our horses mouths or making them go in the direction you want instead of following the trail- our guide will kindly request you stop or get off.
- Prices for children are all the same as adults as our staff and horses do the same work as they do with the adults.
- We do have cool drinks for sale so bring extra cash.
- You are welcome to bring carrots or apples to thank your horse with after your ride.
- No booking is confirmed until a deposit has been made!
- We only accept cash or snapscan for the balance of payment / anything from the Saloon.
- Please wear Long pants and closed shoes (No heels)
- We supply hard hats which are compulsory to wear when riding with us.
- All trails are group rides (which means you may have other people with you) except the romantic trail. If you would prefer a PRIVATE ride, it is an EXTRA R50pp. Please specify when booking.
When booking a trail with us, please make sure to give us the following information:
1. Your riding experience
2. Your average weight (max 90kg)
3. Date and Time you wish to ride
4. Number of riders (max 8)